The pharmacy is still the heart of our business.
Rent the medical and home health equipment you need
London Drugs offers a selection of home health products and assistive devices to help you manage chronic conditions, treat acute disease or injury, and live healthier each and every day.
What are the benefits of renting medical and home health equipment?
You may prefer to purchase certain medical and home health equipment - especially if the equipment helps you manage and treat a long-term chronic health condition. But your need for other types of home health and medical equipment may be temporary or change over time, for example if you are injured, breastfeeding, or dealing with seasonal depression.
In those cases, it can be easier and more affordable to rent what you need only for the time you need it. Renting home health and medical equipment for a small fee also allows you to try out a product to see if it works for you before making the financial investment of a full purchase.
Products available for rental from London Drugs
- Breast pumps: Breast pumps can help mothers feed breast milk to their infants, even if they are unable to breastfeed (due to issues like a mother's illness or medication use, returning to work, latching difficulties, and engorgement). Breast pumps also help mothers build and maintain their milk supply. London Drugs offers the Medela Symphony Breast Pump for rental. This convenient, easy-to-use, hospital-grade double breast pump is proven to reduce pumping time through faster milk flow. NOTE: Our rental breast pumps feature protective barriers that are approved for multiple users, so you can rest assured that use is safe and sanitary.
- Crutches: If you have an injury that makes walking difficult or impossible, crutches can improve your mobility and allow you to go on with most day-to-day life activities. At all London Drugs locations, you can rent Hugo® Comfort Max brand crutches, which feature contoured accessories to provide superior ergonomic comfort and traction.
- Nebulizers: Nebulizers convert medication into an aerosol mist so it can be inhaled into the lungs. Nebulizers are used by people with chronic respiratory diseases, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Larger nebulizers for home use can cost hundreds of dollars. London Drugs offers the Philips InnoSpire Essence Nebulizer Compressor, a compact, easy-to-use unit ideal for home use.
- Light therapy devices: Light therapy devices give off a bright light to mimic natural outdoor light. Light therapy devices are used in the treatment of seasonal affective disorder (SAD), a type of depression that usually happens in the darker, colder fall and winter months. Light therapy devices may also help establish more normal sleep patterns. All London Drugs locations offer rentals of the Litebook® Advantage light therapy device, a small but powerful device that most people find effective after using for only 15 to 30 minutes each day.
How to use this service
- Ask about reimbursement for home health and medical equipment. Check with your provincial and private health care coverage to find out if you can be reimbursed for the particular home health and medical equipment rental you need.
- Find a location that offers the service. Contact your local London Drugs to find out if a product you're interested is available for rental.
- Ask about fees. Fees and a deposit may apply for rental of home health and medical equipment.